The Undergraduate Studies
The Department of Geography offers an 8-semester curriculum, which provides undergraduate students with the scientific knowledge and the skills required by both the contemporary academia and the labour market, as well.
The curriculum consists of two phases: The first one refers to the first 5 semesters and comprises solely compulsory modules. These core courses introduce students to the key concepts and fundamentals of geography and provide them with necessary skills.
The second phase covers the last three semesters and consists mainly of elective modules. Those courses aim at the specialization of students and are organized in four different sets: (a) physical geography, (b) human geography, (c) planning, (d) geo-informatics. An additional compulsory module, titled Geographical Project, appears. The module aims to a comprehensive and integrated understanding and application of knowledge from various modules, by means of fieldwork and office work.
The Degree in Geography is conferred after the successful completion of 32 compulsory and 12 elective modules and of a written assignment (dissertation). Alternatively to the dissertation, students may opt for four additional elective modules.
Attention!!! During the current Academic Year :
- The module: “Applied GIS” is available in the 6th and 8th Semester instead of the 7th.
- The module “Academic Skills and Methodology of Scientific Writing” is available in the 1st Semester instead of the 2nd.
- The module “Historical Geography” is available in the 2nd Semester instead of the 1st.
- The module “Spatial Analysis” is available in the 3rd Semester instead of the 5th.
- The module “Geography of Globalised Production Networks” is available in the 6th and 8th Semester instead of the 7th .
- The module “Special Topics in Economic Geography” is available in the 7th Semester instead of the 6th and 8th.
- The new module: “ Ecosystem Services –Assessment and Mapping” is available in the 7th
Recent Announcements – News
Eleftheriou Venizelou Ave., 70
GR-176 76 Kallithea | Athens | Greece
The following link leads to Harokopio University website.